We have placed cookies on your computer, as they are essential for parts of the site to operate. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but certain functionality will cease to operate. Find out more about the Stagecoach cookie.
Most tickets are available until 12.04.2019
Travelling in a group of 10 or more? For a range of great discounts and benefits get in touch with our dedicated Group Travel team on 03457 125 678.
Find the cheapest tickets with our Best Fare Finder.
A £13million upgrade of the railway in Derbyshire will deliver the full renewal of Ambergate Junction. This is a crucial part of the rail network where the Matlock branch line leaves the Midland Main Line. Once complete, it will bring improvements to the speed at which trains can travel on this section of track and will help to improve punctuality and reliability.
The major work to renew Ambergate Junction will be taking place between 10th and 16th February 2019 which will result in some changes to train services that run through Ambergate, including Derby to Matlock services (the Derwent Valley Line). There will also be a revised timetable between Sheffield/Chesterfield to Derby and London St Pancras, with fewer trains able to run during the works.
• London services
• Sheffield, Chesterfield to Derby services
• Derby to Matlock services
Fewer trains will be able to run between Sheffield and London, and a revised timetable will be in place:
• One train an hour will run between Sheffield and London, calling at Chesterfield and Leicester only. This train will be diverted resulting in a longer journey time.
• One train an hour will run between Derby and London, which will call at Long Eaton, East Midlands Parkway and Loughborough to Leicester resulting in a longer journey time.
Our full breakfast menu will not be available on services from Derby, instead replaced with our lighter breakfast menu option.
05:31 06:33 07:26
05:44 06:45 07:38
No FULL breakfast offer
05:02 05:19 07:23 07:30
Our revised timetable for Sunday 10th February can be found here:
Our revised timetable for Monday 11th February to Friday 15th February can be found here:
Our revised timetable for Saturday 16th February can be found here:
• There will be no direct East Midlands Trains services from Sheffield/ Chesterfield to Derby – CrossCountry customers will still be able to travel.
• All CrossCountry services from Sheffield to Derby will stop at Chesterfield. As the trains will need to follow a diversionary route, journey times will be increased by 30 minutes.
• All train services between Matlock and Derby will be replaced with coach services
Temporary timetable for our Nottingham - Derby - Matlock line. Valid from 10th February 2019 to 16th February 2019.
You should buy your ticket from the ticket vending machine where it is possible to do so. Where this is not possible due to the location of the bus pick up point you should buy your ticket on arrival at Derby.
• Train services between Derby and Newark Castle will start and terminate at Derby (please change onto the replacement coach service for connections to/from Matlock).
• CrossCountry services between Derby and Nottingham will run as normal.
For more information on replacement coaches click here
If you require assisted travel for your journey please visit our website by clicking here and booking in advance.
You can plan your journey by using our online journey planner here.