We have placed cookies on your computer, as they are essential for parts of the site to operate. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but certain functionality will cease to operate. Find out more about the Stagecoach cookie.
Most tickets are available until 14.04.2017
Travelling in a group of 10 or more? For a range of great discounts and benefits get in touch with our dedicated Group Travel team on 03457 125 678
· Free cycle security marking at Sheffield station
· Free travel goodies given to customers on mainline trains
· Health and welfare stalls at Leicester station
· Nominations open for passengers to vote for their ‘East Midlands Trains Stars’
East Midlands Trains has unveiled plans for a wide range of fun and exciting customer focused activities across its network to celebrate National Customer Service Week. Taking place between 6 and 12 October, National Customer Service Week provides an opportunity to raise awareness of customer service and the vital role it plays in the growth of the UK economy.
Neil Micklethwaite, Customer Service and Commercial Director for East Midlands Trains, said, “Each year we come up with new ways of marking National Customer Service Week and this year is no different. We have a great programme of activities and giveaways planned across the network and we look forward to saying a special thanks to our passengers with one or two surprises.
“I addition to a week-long plan of activities, we’re asking our passengers to nominate a member of staff who has made a difference to their journey. We know we have some fantastic people working for us, but we’re asking our passengers to have their say and nominate someone who has made a difference to their day.”
Passengers wanting to nominate a member of staff for the annual Great Service Awards are asked to fill in a form, available at key East Midlands Trains stations. All votes will be automatically entered into a prize draw with one lucky passenger receiving a pair of First Class train tickets. Voting is open until 12 October.
Planned activities include:
- British Transport Police will be teaming up with Russell's Cycle Shed in the new cycle hub at Sheffield station to offer free bike security marking Mon-Fri 0830hrs-1530hrs
- 'Feeling good- looking good' themed stalls will be in place at Leicester station including Cross fit gym offering gym activities, free shoe shines and on Saturday 11th October the Leicester Tigers will be doing a rugby taster session.
- Complimentary travel packs will be given to passengers travelling on the London route containing tissues, refreshing wipes, plasters and mints.
- Derby station will promote sustainable travel throughout the week with bike recycling schemes and the "wheels to work" scheme, aimed at assisting people with transport to work and college.
- London St Pancras station will be giving out treats and goodies to customers on Monday and Friday.
- Lincoln station will be holding a raffle with prizes including free parking for a week at the station, first class tickets and boxes of chocolates.
Teams at stations and onboard trains will be giving free wifi and free upgrades to first class at random and customers will be invited to enter competitions at stations to win a free first class journey for two and overnight stay at a London hotel.
For more information on National Customer Service Week, visit www.nationalcustomerserviceweek.com