We have placed cookies on your computer, as they are essential for parts of the site to operate. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but certain functionality will cease to operate. Find out more about the Stagecoach cookie.
Most tickets are available until 28.12.2018
Travelling in a group of 10 or more? For a range of great discounts and benefits get in touch with our dedicated Group Travel team on 03457 125 678.
Find the cheapest tickets with our Best Fare Finder.
East Midlands Trains will provide thousands of extra seats to help passengers enjoy Lincoln’s ancient and world famous Christmas Market this December.
The Market takes place between the 4th and 7th December and attracts thousands of visitors to the medieval square and city centre.
In addition to the extra seats and services throughout the weekend, East Midlands Trains is also extending existing services to Sheffield and Derby to allow even more people to enjoy the festivities.
Neil Micklethwaite, Customer Service and Commercial Director for East Midlands Trains, said: “Lincoln Christmas Market is an extremely popular event with thousands of people travelling from far and wide to enjoy the festivities.
“This is one of our favourite events of the year and we want to make it as easy as possible for visitors to travel to Lincoln and we are building on last year’s success to again provide thousands of extra seats and numerous additional services right across the weekend. Whether you are travelling to Lincoln from nearby or further afield, our extra services will make it easy to enjoy the famous Lincoln Christmas Market.”
Passengers are strongly advised to use the additional special services for travelling to and from the Christmas market and book tickets in advance to avoid queues on the day. A queuing system will be in place at key stations and passengers are therefore advised to arrive in plenty of time to catch their train. Group bookings and reservations will be not be available on journeys to/from Lincoln on Friday 6 and Saturday 7 December.
Details of the additional services are as follows:
Friday 5th December
Additional services running to Lincoln:
- 8.32am Derby to Lincoln calling at Long Eaton (8.42), Beeston (8.56), Nottingham (9.09) and Lincoln (10.02)
- 11.07 Nottingham to Lincoln (arriving at 12.01)
- 14.00 Nottingham to Lincoln (arriving at 14.52)
- 16.00 Nottingham to Lincoln (arriving at 16.50)
Additional services running from Lincoln:
- 12.07 Lincoln to Nottingham (arriving at 12.54)
- 15.00 Lincoln to Nottingham (arriving at 15.51)
- 17.07 Lincoln to Derby calling at Nottingham (17.51), Beeston (18.00), Long Eaton (18.09) and Derby (18.24)
Saturday 6th December
- 0845 Derby to Lincoln calling at Long Eaton (0854), Beeston (0903), Nottingham (0916), Carlton (0923), Burton Joyce (0928), Lowdham (0933), Fiskerton (0941), Newark Castle (0950) and Lincoln (1016)
- 09.34 Sheffield to Lincoln calling at Chesterfield (0948), Alfreton (0958), Langley Mill (1006), Nottingham (1025) and Lincoln (1115)
- 0950 Cleethorpes to Newark North Gate calling at Grimsby Town (0958), Habrough (1008), Barnetby (1018), Market Rasen (1034), Lincoln (1054) and Newark North Gate (1118)
- 1012 Peterborough to Lincoln calling at Spalding (1034), Sleaford (1102), Ruskington (1111), Metheringham (1121) and Lincoln (1136)
- 11.17 Nottingham to Lincoln calling at Newark Castle (1140), Collingham (1152), Hykeham (1202) and Lincoln (1214)
- 1123 Newark North Gate to Lincoln calling at Collingham (1132), Swinderby (1137), Hykeham (1144) and Lincoln (1157)
- 1202 Sleaford to Lincoln calling at Ruskington (1210), Metheringham (1221) and Lincoln (1236)
- 12.20 Nottingham to Lincoln express (1310)
- 1346 Nottingham to Lincoln calling at Carlton (1353), Lowdham (1400), Newark Castle (1413), Collingham (1425), Hykeham (1436) and Lincoln (1447)
- 14.28 Newark North Gate to Lincoln express (1501)
- 1455 Lincoln to Nottingham calling at Collingham (1509), Newark Castle (1521), Lowdham (1535), Carlton (1542) and Nottingham (1553)
- 15.57 Newark North Gate to Lincoln express (1625)
- 1607 Nottingham to Lincoln calling at Newark Castle (1634) and Lincoln (1659)
- 1700 Nottingham to Lincoln express (1752)
- 12.45 Lincoln to Nottingham calling at Newark Castle (13.14), Lowdham (13.26) and Nottingham (13.41
- 13.52 Lincoln to Newark North Gate express (arriving 14.23)
- 15.21 Lincoln to Newark North Gate express (arriving 15.51)
- 1527 Lincoln to Sleaford calling at Metheringham (1540), Ruskington (1550) and Sleaford (1559)
- 1607 Lincoln to Cleethorpes calling at Market Rasen (1623), Barnetby (1640), Habrough (1650), Grimsby Town (1702) and Cleethorpes (1718)
- 16.30 Lincoln to Sheffield calling at Nottingham (1720), Langley Mill (1738), Alfreton (1747), Chesterfield (1758) and Sheffield (1827)
- 16.43 Lincoln to Peterborough calling at Metheringham (1655), Ruskington (1705), Sleaford (1715), Spalding (1744) and Peterborough (1811)
- 1716 Lincoln to Derby calling at Hykeham (1723), Collingham (1733), Newark Castle (1745), Fiskerton (1753), Lowdham (1802), Carlton (1809), Nottingham (1821), Beeston (1829), Long Eaton (1842) and Derby (1856)
- 1816 Lincoln to Derby calling at Nottingham (1905), Beeston (1918), Long Eaton (1930) and Derby (1946)
- 1900 Lincoln to Nottingham calling at Hykeham (1907), Swinderby (1914), Collingham (1919), Newark Castle (1929), Fiskerton (1936), Lowdham (1943), Burton Joyce (1948), Carlton (1952) and Nottingham (2001)
Sunday 7th December
Additional services will operate as follows:
Services to Lincoln:
- 09.11 Peterborough to Lincoln calling at Spalding (09.33), Sleaford (10.02), Ruskington (10.10), Metheringham (10.20) and Lincoln 10.33.
- 12.00 Peterborough to Lincoln calling at Spalding (12.22), Sleaford (12.51), Ruskington (12.59), Metheringham (13.09) and Lincoln 13.22.
Services from Lincoln:
- 14.30 Lincoln to Peterborough calling at Metheringham (14.42), Ruskington (14.52), Sleaford (15.01), Spalding (15.26) and Peterborough (15.58)
- 17.30 Lincoln to Peterborough calling at Metheringham (17.42), Ruskington (17.52), Sleaford (18.01), Spalding (18.26) and Peterborough (18.53).
For more information about East Midlands Trains’ Christmas market trains or to book train tickets, visit www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk or follow Twitter @EMTrains