We have placed cookies on your computer, as they are essential for parts of the site to operate. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but certain functionality will cease to operate. Find out more about the Stagecoach cookie.
Most tickets are available until 09.02.2018
Travelling in a group of 10 or more? For a range of great discounts and benefits get in touch with our dedicated Group Travel team on 03457 125 678.
Find the cheapest tickets with our Best Fare Finder.
East Midlands Trains is urging customers to check before travelling on 20 and 21 June during a weekend of Network Rail engineering work to improve services in the future.
East Midlands Trains will start and terminate at Luton, with no services in or out of London. Buses will run between Luton and London St Pancras International in both directions and a significantly reduced service will operate north of Luton.
Customers should check before travelling and leave more time to make their journey. Services are also likely to be busier than normal.
Steve Hughes, Area Director for Network Rail said: “We are completing many different upgrades to our rail network over the weekend of 20 and 21 July. This will bring real benefits for passengers, both in improving day to day reliability and providing an improved network which can run more and faster services in the future.
“By completing all of these items of work over a single weekend we minimise the impact upon passengers and we have worked hard with operators to make sure that good alternative travel routes are available. I thank passengers for their patience during this essential work.”
Neil Micklethwaite, Customer Experience and Commercial Director at East Midlands Trains, said: “This work is extremely important to improve the railway, which will improve reliability and help to increase services in the future.
“In the short term, we understand it will have an impact on customer journeys and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Customers who are travelling on 20 and 21 June should check before leaving and allow extra time for their journey.”
Further travel information:
Saturday 20 June
If you are travelling Southbound:
- The train service will be significantly reduced, with one train per hour running between Sheffield / Derby and Luton, and one train per hour running between Nottingham and Luton.
- Additionally, hourly train services will run between Nottingham and Kettering and between Corby and Kettering to connect with services to and from Luton.
If you are travelling Northbound:
- The 00:15 St Pancras to Leicester service will not run
- The train service will be significantly reduced with one train per hour running between Luton and Derby / Sheffield, and one train per hour running between Luton and Nottingham.
- Additionally, hourly train services will run between Kettering and Nottingham and between Kettering and Corby to connect with services to and from Luton.
Sunday 21 June
- The train service will be significantly reduced, with one train per hour running between Sheffield/Derby and Luton.
- Additionally, an hourly train service will run between Nottingham and Leicester to connect with services to and from Luton.
- A rail replacement bus service will run between Corby and Kettering.
- The train service will be significantly reduced, with one train per hour running between Luton and Derby/Sheffield.
- Additionally, an hourly train service will run between Leicester and Nottingham to connect into with services to and from Luton.
- A rail replacement bus service will run between Kettering and Corby
The work scheduled for the weekend of 20/21 June includes:
For more information, please visit eastmidlandstrains.co.uk or National Rail Enquiries website where details of alternative transport are detailed http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/currentAndFuture.aspx